Sunday, January 9, 2011

I am a Child of God

I have a cute story that I wanted to make sure got recorded and since I haven't been super good at keeping our family journal I thought I'd post it here since that's sort of what this is. So here goes...

Last Monday we were having FHE. Mom had decided to give the lesson on us having a Heavenly Father who looks like us but he's in Heaven watching over us. So we all took turns looking in the mirror and talking about what we saw. Then we talked about how our Heavenly Father and Jesus have a body too that looks just like our and that we are his kids. We then went on to explain to Michael Codi and Addison, too, that we have two "daddy's", an Earthly dad pointing to our dad and then one up in Heaven who loves us and that we can talk to him any time. Michael Codi then looked up at Heaven and said in a small voice, "Hi Daddy." and he looked back at us and then did it again.

This story just reminds me of the faith of our little ones. I know that he heard Michael and I know that Michael knows he is there and hope as his mother that I can help him have those experiences to feel the Spirit so he can continue to strengthen his faith of our Heavenly Father.