Saturday, January 29, 2011

Where a Kid can be a Kid

This handsome future missionary turned the ripe old age of 4 last Saturday and we couldn't be more proud to be his parents! When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday he told us, "New running shoes and a jacket like daddy's to wear to church." No toys just running shoes and a suit.


We started the celebrating early, got up, got dressed and headed to Chucke Cheese's by 10:30. He was so excited to spend his birthday there! (Oh and I had to bribe Addy to do her hair so I had to hurry and snap this shot because of course it was out 5 minutes later.) Michael is the best big brother and is always so thoughtful of his little sister.

Here he is with his two good friends Bryson and Bowen and they are ready to go hit the games!

And the cake. It was supposed to be a Dinoco Lightning McQueen, all I have to say is at least it looks like a race car! Michael loved it so that's all that really mattered.



Great Grandma and Grandpa and grandpa Anderberg made it was well as Grandma Bonnie, even though she somehow escaped most of the photos, she was there.


He got his new running shoes, wahoo!

And a suit for church!

The partiers!


Lydia, Christian and their mom and dad couldn't make it to Chucke Cheeses so they came to our house a little bit later and we got to keep celebrating!
We are not sure how we got so blessed to have this sweet boy placed in our home, but we sure are grateful, and since he's four lets do some lists just for fun.

Four Favorite things to eat:
1. Chicken Nuggets
2. Pepperoni Pizza
3. Tuna fish sandwiches
4. Snack pack pudding (vanilla)

Four most common sayings at the time:
1. I am getting really upset!
2. I am getting really hungry.
3. Can I go play with Bryson?
4. I telled you so.

Four favorite activities:
1. Playing any kind of game with dad.
2. Playing with friends, especially Bryson.
3. Doing puzzles
4. Playing with his dad! (yes it's listed twice for a reason)

2 comments:

Matt and Kaylin said...

You have the cutest kids ever, I can't believe it. Michael looks so grown up in his suit.
And that birthday cake is awesome, I may have to hire you to start making mine. They are all the same shape and are always lopsided.

Kirk and Dynelle said...

Your comment made my day on my blog! Also thanks for the "if you had a big house" offer, I am actually letting the girls spend a couple days with Grandma's the first of May and going to DC with Kirk for a week. SOOO excited! I'm excited to see you in a couple weeks and feel that baby girl kicking!